Friday 26 September 2014

living the dream--to love this teeming world

living the dream

i do not want for much 
amidst the harshness of my plenty
and yet my wants have grown as such
into a seething scream that hoarsely
wakes me up at night 

with nothing ever as it seems
our living has become
a Malthusian dream-

perhaps greater than their sum  
as addends our sleeping lives

make bids for our attention
the silence of inaction in stereo
blasts mindless indecisions-
the best case scenarios
in idealism trump reality

the dream goes like this: 

i  am swimming in a pool  
of my own tears 
the salt of which 
is drying out my tongue
i try to scream 
"i know, i can"
but my voice is weak
my pulse is faint--
lucidly i tell myself 
it's going to be okay
i will
live my way 
into a different life
in which i'm wise and brave enough
to know, to speak, to act, 
to love this teeming world, right now--
but then i fully wake in my warm bed, 
my sweet smelling sheets betraying much.

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2012-04/new-research-tracks-40-year-old-prediction-world-economy-will-collapse-2030

No comments:

Post a Comment